COVID-19 – Taxing issues for the Cultural Sector
Wednesday, 24 June 2020 | 12:00 to 13:00
Long term friends to Arts & Business Scotland, Scott Craig and Kirsty Murray from Scott Moncrieff will be sharing some vital tax tips and advice on the effects of the current pandemic on cultural activities. They will cover:
- Refunds to customers – VAT and Gift Aid rules and opportunities
- Grants – VAT – is it a payment or a donation – how is the calculation of recoverable VAT affected?
- VAT recovery calculations - changes resulting from COVID activities
- Digital supplies – tax implications that charities need to be aware of.
- New activities – consider the impact on c-tax exemptions
- Cessation of subsidiary companies
- Creative industry tax payments
A link to the webinar and joining instructions will be emailed to registered attendees closer to the time of the event.
This event will be the first in a series of webinars from Scott Moncrieff over the next few months.
FREE for Arts & Business Scotland members
£10 + VAT for non-members
Find out about Arts & Business Scotland membership.
Cancellations can be made free of charge up to 1 week before the event date with a full refund. After this date a 100% cancellation charge will apply. Substitutions (ie transferring your place to another person) for the course or event booked can be made free of charge at any time.
Arts & Business Scotland reserves the right to cancel any event or course two weeks prior to the event date. You will be entitled to a full refund or given the opportunity to transfer to an alternative date. However, we regret we cannot refund any travel or accommodation costs incurred.
It may be necessary for reasons beyond our control to change the date, time or venue at any time prior to the course or event. If this happens, you will be given the opportunity to cancel or transfer to an alternative date.
Arts & Business Scotland reserves the right to amend the content of the programme of speakers where necessary.