Crowdfunding for Arts & Heritage Organisations (Edinburgh)
Arts & Business Scotland, Rosebery House, 9 Haymarket Terrace, Edinburgh, EH12 5EZ
Friday, 1 November 2019 | 10:30 to 16:30
This training event will provide a ‘how-to’ guide to crowdfunding for cultural organisations. The event will include:
* The who, what and why of crowdfunding
* Crowdfunding stories
* Practical group exercises
* Developing your network and target audience
This event is aimed at organisations who are considering undertaking a crowdfund and who have a project in mind and who want to understand how to plan a crowdfund.
After you book your tickets for the event you will be asked to give some background information on the project you are looking to support:
* Project name
* A few descriptive sentences about your project
* How much money are you looking to raise via your crowdfunding campaign?
* When are you planning to carry out your crowdfunding campaign?
* What is unique about this project for your organisation that will appeal to your target audience?
* What other outcomes would you like to achieve from your crowdfunding campaign?
"The questions it raised and the very practical nature of the session were excellent."
Mairi Rosko, The Royal Lyceum Theatre
"I feel much more confident about the role of crowdfunding. Practical tips and step by step guides were really useful. I would recommend the session before launching into a crowdfunding campaign."
Sara Johnstone, The Work Room
"I expected to find too much complicated information and to be put off. I found it very helpful, positive and good fun."
Isobel Leckie, Causey Development Trust
"Addressed areas I hadn't even thought of. Answered my questions and gave me ideas and guidance for a campaign."
David Orr, Fraser Centre Community Trust
A maximum of two tickets are available for each participating organisation and we are looking for organisations who are seriously considering undertaking a crowdfund and who have a project in mind.
Event includes tea, coffee and lunch.
£95 + VAT for Arts & Business Scotland members (Arts & Heritage)
£145 + VAT for Arts & Business Scotland members (Corporate)
£145 + VAT for non-members (Arts & Heritage)
£195 + VAT for non-members (Corporate)