Arts & Business Scotland is an independent Scottish charity. We act as a conduit between the cultural and business sectors, helping to nurture the creative, social and commercial relationships that will enrich creativity and cultural engagement across Scotland.
What we do
- We enlist businesses into membership to develop a deeper relationship.
- We offer incentives to new and returning business sponsors in order to grow the range of businesses engaging with the arts on a regular basis.
- We deliver consultancy in arts sponsorship and engagement to business.
- We advocate and broker business based creative development to position the arts as a catalyst to help achieve business solutions, while securing new income streams for the arts.
- We enlist individuals in business through Board Bank and Skills Bank to deliver skills and in kind resources to the cultural sector.
- We deliver sponsorship training and support to the arts to help build their capacity to develop relationships with, and bring in funding from, the private sector.
- We advocate, train and run programmes designed to increase individual giving for the arts.
- We enlist arts organisations and local authorities into membership to develop a deeper relationship.
- We deliver board training and development to arts organisations to build their capacity.
- Our definition of ‘the arts’ includes visual arts and crafts, performing arts, music, literature, museums, libraries, heritage, architecture, design and film.