Fundraising: Getting Started (Edinburgh)
Arts & Business Scotland, Rosebery House, 9 Haymarket Terrace, Edinburgh, EH12 5EZ
This training session is aimed at individuals in arts and heritage organisations who are new to or are starting fundraising and need to build knowledge, skills and confidence.
The objectives of the day are:
* To gain an overview of the current funding landscape in Scotland in relationship to arts and heritage
* To examine a range of fundraising techniques and approaches to secure support for your organisation
* To look at the elements of an effective case for support
* To provide individuals with resources that will support effective fundraising
At the end of the day, participants will:
* Identify what needs to be put in place in order to start to fundraise effectively
* Be aware of what sources of funding are available and identify which ones might best match specific organisational needs
* Have an outline of the elements needed to make organisational case for support to funders
* Feel more confident in approaching a range of sources of support
“I enjoyed the pragmatic approach very much. I can see how we (staff and board) can proceed. Book yourself on this, it’s worth actual money.”
Fiona Macdonald, Room 13 International
"Excellent. Very well presented and engaging. Very knowledgeable tutor. If you are fairly new to fundraising or feel you need a re-fresh this is a great day to get an overview."
Catherine Campbell, The Cumnock Tryst
Event includes tea, coffee and lunch.
£95 + VAT for Arts & Business Scotland members (Arts & Heritage)
£145 + VAT for Arts & Business Scotland members (Corporate)
£145 + VAT for non-members (Arts & Heritage)
£195 + VAT for non-members (Corporate)
Find out about Arts & Business Scotland membership.