Business Briefing: Preparing Your Business for Audit (Edinburgh)
RSM, First Floor, Quay 2, 139 Fountainbridge, Edinburgh, EH3 9QG
THIS EVENT HAS BEEN CANCELLED.
Audit is more than a grudge purchase! How to prepare for and get the most from your audit.
All charities with over £500k of income require an external audit and RSM, as one of the leading UK charity auditors, are committed to helping the Charities sector to ensure it gets real value from external audit to help management and Trustees to fulfil their governance responsibilities. We will discuss:
• Effective planning and agreeing who is responsible for each area and when
• Agreeing the audit plan
• Good project management
• Answers to questions to prepare in advance before you are asked for them
• Frequent issues that arise during audit
• How to ensure your accounting policies for areas such as reserves/ investments/going concern/ income recognition are fit for purpose
• How to ensure your financial statements “tell your story”
If you are a finance manager/ director or Trustee of a charity which requires an audit this session is for you.
Kelly Adams – RSM
Kelly trained and qualified with RSM and has worked with a variety of third sector clients over the last 18 years. She brings extensive experience over many years of auditing not for profit organisations, including from the cultural sector. Kelly provides regular charity training and technical updates for our clients and staff. She is also a Board member and Chairs the Audit Committee of a charitable Housing Association so has experience both as a Board member and as an Auditor.
Includes tea and coffee
Free for Arts & Business Scotland members
£25 + VAT for non-members