Arts & Business Scotland is an independent Scottish charity. We act as a conduit between the cultural and business sectors, helping to nurture the creative, social and commercial relationships that will enrich creativity and cultural engagement across Scotland.
We have equivalent organisations in the other parts of the UK - Arts & Business (England - part of Business in the Community), Arts & Business Ireland and Arts & Business Cymru.
What we do
- We enlist businesses into membership to develop a deeper relationship.
- We offer incentives to new and returning business sponsors in order to grow the range of businesses engaging with the arts on a regular basis.
- We deliver consultancy in arts sponsorship and engagement to business.
- We advocate and broker business based creative development to position the arts as a catalyst to help achieve business solutions, while securing new income streams for the arts.
- We enlist individuals in business through Board Bank and Skills Bank to deliver skills and in kind resources to the cultural sector.
- We deliver sponsorship training and support to the arts to help build their capacity to develop relationships with, and bring in funding from, the private sector.
- We advocate, train and run programmes designed to increase individual giving for the arts.
- We enlist arts organisations and local authorities into membership to develop a deeper relationship.
- We deliver board training and development to arts organisations to build their capacity.
- Our definition of ‘the arts’ includes visual arts and crafts, performing arts, music, literature, museums, libraries, heritage, architecture, design and film.